When “political correctness” overrides safety and dignity

The Anchorage Assembly is unfortunately not the only governing body that has adopted the reckless policy of allowing men to enter women’s locker rooms, showers, and restrooms.

Across the country, many other local government bodies have adopted similar laws – and the evidence is mounting that this is a disastrous social experiment. Under the guise of protecting the less than 1 percent of the population that self-identifies as “transgender,” these laws trample on the privacy and safety interests of the other 99 percent of citizens. Protect privacy and vote Yes on Prop 1.

Here are examples of the social wreckage left in the wake of these laws:

» Man caught undressing in front of girls at Green Lake locker room.

Just weeks after the Washington State Human Rights Commission adopted a rule allowing men to enter intimate facilities reserved for women, a young man entered the locker room at a Seattle-area swimming pool.  The following report from local news station KOMO is self-explanatory:

“David Takami with the Seattle Parks and Recreation Department said a man arrived at the Evans Pool in Greenlake Monday afternoon and paid to use the lap pool.

“Takami said the man then entered the women’s locker room and took off his shirt in front of a local girls swimming team, which had just finished practicing.  Several parents and other women using the locker room became alarmed and alerted pool staff.

“When staff members confronted the man, he left the locker room and went swimming.

“When he was done, Takami said the man went back into the women’s locker room and was again asked to leave.  The man resisted, telling staff members the law had changed and he now had a right to use the locker room of his choice, according to Takami.” (emphasis added)

CLICK HERE to read the original story 

» College Allows Transgender Student in Women’s Locker Room (ABC-30 Action News 10/29/12).


“The indoor pool at the Evergreen State College is kept as warm as a summer’s day.  But it’s what’s happening inside the women’s locker room that’s drawing heat.

“Some call it an outrage; others equal rights – after a 45-year old student, Colleen Francis, born a man, began to use the women’s locker room, because the student identifies as a woman.  A young girl saw the student naked.  Her mother called police.”

“Jason Wettstein, Evergreen State College spokesman said, ‘The college has to follow state law.  The college cannot discriminate based on the basis of gender identity.  Gender identity is one of the protected things in discrimination law in this state.’”

» Lawsuit filed after transgender student gets locker room access in Palatine. (Chicago Tribune – 05/05/16).

“A group of suburban students and parents is suing the U.S. Department of Education and Illinois’ largest high school district after school officials granted a transgender student access to the girls’ locker room.

“In a lawsuit filed in federal court Wednesday, the group contends that the actions of the Department of Education and Palatine-based Township High School District 211 ‘trample students’ privacy’ rights and create an ‘intimidating and hostile environment’ for students who share the locker rooms and restrooms with the transgender student.”